Growth groups are the primary place where you are known and cared for at Christ Church. It is within these small communities that men and women can build personal relationships and apply the gospel to their lives. Each group expects to experience Jesus Christ in its midst, enabling participants to be transformed through mutual ministry and to experience life in the family of God. We think of ourselves, not as a church with small groups, but as a church of small groups. God’s family loves meeting together, and should do so often.
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
– Hebrews 10:24-25
Wherever you are in your journey you will find a friendly bunch of people who will honestly engage and encourage you. Growth Groups are, as the name suggests, about growing! They grow us in 4 areas.
- Our understanding of God’s Word
Our Growth Groups meet to help one another better understand and apply God’s Word. We study a Bible passage and there’s lots of room for interaction, discussion and questions.
- Our love for God
Our Growth Groups are truly life-changing as God works powerfully in His people through His Word. As we read, study and understand God’s Word we grow to know and love God better.
- Our love for God’s family
Our Growth Groups are the perfect place to get to know a small group of church friends more closely and to build real, encouraging friendships. Growth Groups provide opportunities to personally serve, care and pray for each other.
- Our love for God’s World
Our Growth Groups are where we can partner with each other in our mission to the world. We partner one another through encouraging & praying for one another’s ministry and relationships with those who are not yet Christians.
Composed of six to twelve people, Christ Church growth groups meet weekly in homes throughout Stellenbosch. All groups are led by trained lay-leaders from the congregation. Find an ideal location and time by clicking on a group on the map below, bearing in mind that being involved will always involve sacrifice and never be perfectly ‘ideal’!
View Christ Church Growth Groups in a larger map
Below is the list of groups organized by meeting day during the week
- 18h30 Central (young workers) – Contact Karl 076 592 3392 or David 072 481 7600
- 19h00 Welgevonden (young workers) – Rudolf 074 137 9313 or DK 076 867 5998
- 19h00 Central (young workers) – Jean-Louis 083 626 8690 or Duncan 073 802 5077
- 19h45 Jamestown – Contact Paul 021 880 1841 or Erick 082 679 6359
- 19h30 Die Boord – Contact Dave 082 909 2951
- 19h30 Welgevonden – Contact Marthinus 083 759 7383
- 18h30-20h30 church (youth) – Contact Jandre 076 297 7928
- 18h30 Uniepark (young workers) – Contact Christiaan 082 464 8000 or Temwani 061 740 9186
- 19h30 Welgevonden – Contact JP 082 694 3151 or Tobi 084 242 7715
- 19h30 Onderpapegaaiberg – Contact Leon 082 567 9133
- 19h30 Die Boord – Contact Ian 082 898 5006 or Paul 082 773 6072
- 19h30 Paradyskloof – Contact Jaco 084 680 4444 or Adrian 083 290 5402
- 07h30 church (displaced) – a group that caters especially for those currently displaced – contact JP 082 694 3151
- 09h30 church (ladies) – baby-sitting provided – Contact Francia Morris 082 940 9685
- 19h00 church (students) – (meal @ 18h15) – Contact Sean 082 752 6221
- 16h30-18h00 church (FAB club) – Children grades 1-7 @ church – Contact Thea 021 887 2669 or 084 838 2818
- 17h00 Central – Children welcome. Discussions in Afrikaans – Contact Wim 082 321 8774 or Brand 083 778 0517