Praying in the Spirit
by Loots Lambrechts
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever. – Psalm 23
Song: Here is Love
To complete the survey follow this link
Interview with Di Grimbeek
Prayer by Kiki Wierenga
Attention all ladies: Please join us on Saturday, 30 May for an online Women’s Morning
A Message from Crete – Worshiping Together
Song: Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Song: Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor
Children’s Church Material
Bible Reading by Anika Visser [Ephesians 3:14-21 & 6:10-20]
Praying in the Spirit
Ephesians 3:14-21 & 6:10-20
How do you pray in the Spirit?
1. Pray in the Spirit (6:18)
- Praying in the Spirit is not just sometimes or some prayers
- Praying in the Spirit is not passive
- Praying in the Spirit is not unpredictable
-> What is shaping Paul’s prayer requests?
2. Two “in the Spirit” prayers from the Apostle (1:15-23 & 3:14-21)
Paul’s 1st prayer:
- He prays that they may know God better.
- He prays that God will give them Spiritual insight to know:
- The hope to which God has called them &
- The riches of hisglorious inheritance &
- God’s incomparably great power for us who believe
->What is shaping Paul’s prayer? (Chapter 1:3-14)
Paul’s 2nd prayer:
- He prays that God’s power will strengthen them so that Christ may dwell in their hearts through faith
- He prays that they will be rooted and established in God’s love
- He prays that they will have God’s power to know the love of Christ
->What is shaping Paul’s prayer? (Chapter 2)
3. The Spirit & the Word (6:10-20)
- The Christian life is a spiritual battle against the forces of evil
- We join this battle with the whole armor of God &
- We pray in the Spirit (read 6:17 & 18 together!)
->To pray in the Spirit is to pray under the influence of God’s word/ the gospel!
Song: God is Liefde
Questions for Discussion / Prayer
- Why do we find it so difficult to ‘pray in the Spirit’ (as Paul describes it)?
- What new aspects about prayer have you learned in this series?
- Share prayer requests and pray together.
Next week we will be starting with a new sermon series in 1 Peter…
Here are the details for your Giving, which you can do via SnapScan or EFT:
- Name: Christ Church
- Bank: Nedbank
- Branch: 149 821
- Account No.: 1498044654